Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Fruit Rujak with Lime Juice

I usually make rujak with gula jawa/coconut sugar. Today, I´m craving something fresh, spicy and sour but too lazy to make Sambal rujak. So, I made this fruit rujak with lime juice inspired by Teh Niknik. Danke!


Ingredients:

Juice of 3 limes

12 tablespoons sugar

300 ml water

1-2 Red chillies/bird´s eye chillies, deseeded

salt


Fruits: a half of pineaple, 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 mango --> cut fruit into long thin pieces

directions: combine water and sugar in medium saucepan. Stir over heat, until sugar dissolves. Let them cool. Pour in lime juice in syrup. Add chillies and fruits.

15 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh what a lovely blog you have! Thanks for the visit and lovely comment :)

This fruit rujak is new to me but doesn’t it look colourful and so tempting!!!

Rosie x

tigerfish said...

The only rojak I have tried before is with peanut-based sauce. This sounds refreshing.

Retno Prihadana said...

rosie: thank you for stopping by my site and nice comment too :)
Tigerfish: you can taste combination of sweet, sour, spicy. I like rujak with peanut based and gula jawa sauce too, that´s my fave.

Salt N Turmeric said...

Retno, i love love anything sweet n sour! makes me kecur di mulut. kecur is tht feeling u have when u see or think abt something sour. lol.

btw, did i tell u tht iv added u to my blog. hope u dont mind. ;)

Retno Prihadana said...

salt and turmeric: Thanks, I added you in my link too :))

Little Corner of Mine said...

Your fruit rojak is really refreshing!

Elsye said...

look yummy and fresh mbak...:D, *tabetaaaiiii* japannese word...its mean i want to eat...:P

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Your fruit rujak looks tempting! :)

Retno Prihadana said...

Little corner of mine, East meets west kitchen: Thanks!
Elsye: hi..hi bahasa jepangnya begitu ya...lha klo makan bahasa jepangnya apa donk?

Lore said...

Mango and lime sounds like such a great tropical combo! If I may ask what does rujak mean?

Retno Prihadana said...

Iore: You can read more information about rujak here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rujak
or just click rujak ( I´ve already linked it to wikipedia).

Everything4sweets said...

looks so fresh, is it taste like asinan Bogor ?, delicious :)

Retno Prihadana said...

everything4sweets: I think asinan Bogor using different dressing and more vegetables too.

Unknown said...

ini kaya asinan gitu ya mba...i loveee this. this is perfect for summer (soon in hong kong) yay!

Anonymous said...

Wow delicious dish!!

suman
Free Satellite TV