Thursday, July 26, 2007
Brownies Kukus/Steamed Brownies
I´ve seen various steamed brownies recipes in my friend Blogs for example: Brownies ala Ny. Liem and Brownies ala Uceu. This is another version of steamed brownies. If you want, you can make only a half of receipt.
350 g sugar
1 teaspoon emulsifier (TBM)
3 tablespoons cacao powder
225 g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
250 g butter
200 g Dark Cooking Chocolate
chocolate streusels, as desired
1. Break the Dark Cooking Chocolate (DCC) into rough pieces and put it into a pan with butter together. Melt them and stir gently. Remove it from the heat and leave to cool a little.
2. Put the sugar, eggs and emulsifier into a food mixer. Beat till thick and creamy (approx. 10 minutes).
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa together,
4. Lightly fold in the flour and cocoa mixture into (2).
5. Add the chocolate and butter mixture into (2) and mix well.
6. Line a square cake tin with baking paper and transfer a half of the mixture to the cake tin. Then, place it into the steamer.
7. Steam the mixture for 30 minutes. Remove the cake tin from the heat and sprinkle over chocolate streusels into the top of the first layer cake.
8. Pour the rest of mixture and steam again for 30 minutes